When it comes to preserving your herbs, one hitters prove to be the ultimate solution. Not only are they quite simple to use but are also extremely affordable and convenient. A one hitter will last in the long run if you keep it properly. Even the most seasoned cannabis smoker will opt for a one hitter because of its compact and convenient features. You can carry it anywhere you go and can be used frequently. However, the task of cleaning a one hitter is also crucial.
One hitters are made of metal, wood, or glass and come in a myriad of shapes and sizes. These discreet yet convenient smoking devices are generally known for their slender dugout shape but you can even get a round or traditional shaped one like a chillum.
It doesn't matter how your one hitter looks, cleaning and maintaining them is an easy task.
How To Clean One Hitter Step-By-Step
If you wish a hassle-free cleaning experience that requires a limited number of supplies, this is the one for you.
- Place your one hitter in a ziplock bag.
- Add cleaning solution until the pipe is submerged.
- Let it soak and shake the bag well.
- Rinse the pipe and pat it dry.
How To Clean A One Hitter Using Alcohol?
The use of isopropyl alcohol to clean one hitter pipes is very common. Isopropyl alcohol contains properties that can remove the build-up of dirt and resin.
- Place your one hitter pipe inside a ziplock bag. You can only use a plastic container here because Isopropanol doesn't react with plastic.
- Add a combination of isopropyl alcohol and 4-5 tablespoons of sea salt, keep in mind that the salt needs to be coarse. This will help to break down the resin easily. Also pour in some salt through the ends of the one hitter pipe using your finger. It will remove the build-up of resin from places that you can't reach.
- You need to seal the ziplock bag properly and shake it properly. Make sure that the cleaning solution has gotten into the pipe. Let the one-hitter pipe sit in the solution for at least one hour. If your pipe has gathered a lot of dirt, then it can even soak for an entire night.
- Once you're ready to take out the one-hitter pipe from the bag, give it a proper shake. In order to get rid of the isopropyl alcohol, rinse it with lukewarm water. Use a q-tip and clean those stubborn, hard-to-reach areas. If the bowl of the one-hitter pipe is still blocked, unclog it using a paperclip. Once the build-up resin is all cleared up, rinse it again. Pat it dry using a paper towel.
How To Clean A Metal One Hitter?
The steps involved in cleaning a metal one hitter pipe is similar to cleaning a glass one-hitter pipe. The resin from the inner walls can be cleaned too using this method.
- Place the metal one-hitter pipe in a small saucepan. Add water to the pan and cover it.
- Let the water come to a rolling boil. Take the saucepan off the burner.
- Once the water has cooled down. Swish and swirl the one-hitter pipe to ensure there shouldn't be any residue lodged inside.
- Rinse it well. Use a bobby pin, q-tip, or paper clip to properly clean the one-hitter.
Don't leave your one-hitter pipe in boiling water for too long.
How To Clean One Hitter Pipe Without Alcohol?
Don't fret in case you don't have access to isopropyl alcohol. A quick and easy solution for such times is to use vinegar and baking soda. Though baking soda is not as grainy as sea salt, it will still get the job done.
To Sum It Up
Keep in mind that a glass one-hitter can't be cleaned in boiling hot water. The high temperature can fracture, shatter, break or damage your glass one-hitter. You must also never take the help of your hair dryer for drying the one-hitter, it will weaken the material and make it fragile. Another important thing to remember about cleaning your one-hitter with isopropyl alcohol is its highly flammable nature. You should never start using your one-hitter pipe right out of the ziplock bag. Only when it is completely dry can you use it again.
How Do You Clear A Clogged One Hitter?
Make the most of a paper clip and you will be able to clear any clog. You should, however, first submerge the one-hitter pipe in a solution of isopropyl alcohol and salt.
How Often Should You Clean A One Hitter?
You must clean the build-up of ash inside a one hitter pipe after every use. This will prevent build-up of residue. Clean your one hitter pipe using coarse salt and isopropyl alcohol after every two weeks.